Kathe Kruse Terry Teddy Germany Red is loved by all ages from baby’s first day to brightening up your décor! Memorable from the simple sweet expression painted on its little terry face! . Adapted from a 1966 design by Kathe Kruse®’s daughter, it makes a very special gift for any age. Each is filled with highly huggable polyester wool. Machine washable.
• Terry cloth bear in bright color
• Filled with highly huggable polyester wool
• Machine washable
• Made in Germany by Kathe Kruse®
• Great first gift for baby
In the Beginning
It became known there was a young mother in Berlin making play dolls for her children and in 1910, Käthe Kruse was asked to exhibit her handmade creations in Berlin´s department store Tietz. Her charming dolls were an overwhelming success. Dolls were not a new idea, but these didn´t look like little adults, they looked like children. Adults loved the dolls for their naiveté and children could identify with them. New York´s famous FAO Schwarz ordered the first 150 Käthe Kruse dolls in 1911.
Over 100 Years of Dolls and Toys
Käthe Kruse products are designed and made to last not only throughout childhood, but can last for generations. Respecting our company philosophy, Käthe Kruse does not mass-produce products but they are individually handmade, giving them their typical Kruse charm. Fabrication of all Käthe Kruse products takes place in Germany and Latvia at company owned and managed facilities.
Käthe Kruse holds these principles:
- Authenticity, trust, quality and safety – Käthe Kruse adheres to the founders ideals for products with lasting value
- Age appropriate development – our dolls and toys encourage creativity, foster learning at one’s own pace, and promote cooperative play
- Unique design – Käthe Kruse toy designers innovate and create toy worlds and themes
- Handcraft – All Käthe Kruse products are made with handcrafted details Social standards and environmental consciousness – Each employee, supplier, and customer is treated with respect, dignity and fairness and we strive to operate in a sustainable eco-efficient way
Today the German brand Käthe Kruse stands for dolls, toys, home accessories and children´s fashion, and represents innovation in toys for children and doll lovers of all ages.